Spring Forward in Your Real Estate Business
This Sunday, 3/10/19 marks the first day of Daylight Savings Time. The days will get longer, and hopefully warmer as we move into spring. This time of year can be exciting with all of the outdoor activities, events, and projects. The real estate market heats up too. Coming out of the winter blues, people think about putting their house on the market or buying a new home. It’s a very busy time for successful real estate agents. If you’re not as busy helping clients buy and sell homes as you’d like to be, perhaps now is a good time to review your goals for the year and see how you’re doing. At the close of first quarter, end of March, you should have a good idea of how you’re doing with your goals from January.
As a professional real estate agent, you know the importance of setting goals and staying on track. There are many distractions and demands on your time, but staying true to your commitments to yourself and your business is a recipe for success. Also, as an independent agent, you don’t have a boss or supervisor reviewing your progress and giving you directions. You must to be your own supervisor. How are you at holding yourself accountable? Here are a few questions to ask yourself to do an effective self-evaluation. Remember to be honest with your answers. You’re the one who knows your work and the only one who can make the necessary adjustments.
- Did you set goals for your business at the beginning of the year?
- If no, are you willing to do that now for the remainder of the year?
- If you did set goals, how is your progress toward achieving them?
- If you are struggling to meet all of your goals, what is getting in the way?
- Do you need to modify your goals or be more consistent to achieve them?
- What have you accomplished this year already?
- Are you satisfied with where you are in your business?
The answers to these questions should give you a good idea of where you need to go and what you need to do to have a great rest of the year. The spring real estate market is going to start heating up and now is the time to spring forward with your business. We can help with all of your digital marketing, so please reach out and let’s set up a time to talk about your goals.